Fantastic, you're thinking about joining the TeachTutti community! Becoming a tutor with TeachTutti couldn’t be easier, we only need a few bits of information from you to create your profile with us. However, we do provide extra protection and peace of mind for our students by verifying and certifying all of our students.
To protect both students and tutors at TeachTutti, we have a few terms and conditions which govern the relationship between TeachTutti and the self-employed tutor.
To be a tutor with us, you must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- In possession of a UK phone number
- In possession of a UK bank account
- Eligible to work in the UK as a self-employed sole trader
- Working as an individual
- In possession of public liability insurance to cover your work as a tutor with TeachTutti
- Responsible for providing accurate information on your TeachTutti profile, and maintaining this accuracy at all times
- Responsible for invoicing TeachTutti for lessons completed**
Read the full terms and conditions for Tutors on TeachTutti
So, you’ve read through all the information we provide and have decided to start your tutor registration process, great! Head to the ‘Become a tutor’ page, and click any of the green buttons to start your registration.
To start we’ll need:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Secure password (to access your profile)
Once you’ve inputted all of this information, and have agreed to the terms and conditions, your profile is set up.
Now that everything is set up on your profile, you can begin adding information regarding your experience, qualifications, and subjects you teach which students will be able to view and browse. If you’re unsure of how to create an awesome tutor profile, check out our ‘How to create the ultimate tutor profile’ blog, which includes lots of useful tips and advice for creating an information-packed, and engaging profile.
The following further information is required before your profile is launched:
- List a minimum of one qualification (this can be completed or ongoing if you are currently studying)
- Safety check (you can launch your profile without a safety check. If so, an enhanced DBS check will be required when you accept your first student)
- Subjects taught
- Teaching experience
- Student testimonial (past or present)
- Profile photo
- Teaching availability
- Teaching location (you can teach online, from your home, and travel to the student)
- Lesson pricing for each selected teaching location
Need a little assistance with setting up your tutor profile, why not visit our FAQs and find the answer to your questions. Alternatively, if you can’t find what you’re looking for, get in touch and a member of the TeachTutti team will get back to you.
This post was updated on 01 Aug, 2023.