Tutors can provide a consultation for prospective students. This is a free 15 minute meeting and gives the opportunity to meet the tutor and ask questions, helping you decide whether to book a lesson.
How does it work?
It is easy to arrange a consultation meeting with a tutor:
- Search for a suitable tutor (you can select Consultation as a filter on the search page)
- On the profile of your chosen tutor, click "Book a consultation" (you will need to create an account)
- There is a three day notice period for consultations
- The tutor will be given 48 hours to respond to the request. If the tutor is unavailable at the booking date, they will send you updated availability to choose from
- The consultation will take place online using our virtual learning platform
- The consultation will last up to 15 minutes
What do I discuss?
We recommend treating the consultation as a introduction and a chance to get to know your tutor. It isn't a lesson, which can be booked following the meeting. Feel free to discuss any queries you have about learning with the tutor, such as examinations they cover or their teaching style. Tutors are restricted from providing contact details.
I'm happy with my tutor. What next?
If you had a successful consultation, you can book a lesson from the tutor's profile. Select a length, date and time that suits. The tutor will respond to the booking request within 48 hours (most likely positively as you have already had a consultation).
You will need to create a payment method and won't be charged until the lesson takes place. There is a guaranteed refund if you decide not to continue after the first lesson.